The gift of mercy is the gift that motivates a believer to feel deeply for those in physical, spiritual, or emotional need and then act to meet that need. The gift of Mercy allows you to reach out to people who are in need. Your words of care and concern, your compassionate actions, will aid in building up those who may have physical, mental, or emotional problems. The things you will do will allow those you serve to see the love of Christ in you and through you.
Romans 12:8; Acts 9:36; Luke 10:33‐35
People with this gift:
- focus upon alleviating the sources of pain or discomfort in suffering people;
- address the needs of the hurting, poor, or marginalized;
- express love, grace, and dignity to those facing hardships or crisis;
- serve in difficult or unsightly circumstances and do so cheerfully;
- concern themselves with individuals or social issues in which people are treated unjustly.
A person with this gift is usually:
Empathic – Compassionate – Caring – Comforting – Sensitive – Tolerant – Responsive – Kind
- Community Meals
- Emergency Medical Help
- Feed My Sheep
- Food Bank Volunteer
- Habitat for Humanity
- Health & Wellness Committee
- In Touch Team
- Lydia’s Closet (Clothing Bank)
- Love, Inc.
- Nightingales (Hospital Visitation)
- Power Pack Volunteer
- Provide Meals
- Social Ministry (Global, Local)
- Tanzania Mission Committee
- Visitation Team
This gift belongs to the category SUPPORT. You may find useful to get information on other gifts which belong to this same category. These gifts are: Exhortation; Intercession.