Intercession is the gift that enables a believer to pray with the certainty that prayer is heard and, when requests are made, answers will come. This gift or unique role will allow you to pray for other members of the Body in such a way that your prayers will be of benefit to them. You will enjoy praying regularly and, perhaps, for extended periods of time. You will be able to see frequent and specific answers to prayer.
James 5:14‐16; Colossians 4:12; Acts 6:4; Acts 12:5; Ephesians 6:18
People with this gift:
- have a strong faith that God listens to and answers prayer;
- enjoy their role of intercessor and praying for the needs of others;
- is attentive to the needs of others and how God is working in their lives and in the world;
- find peace in prayer and receive strength from God through the Spirit;
- are comfortable being entrusted with people’s pain and suffering as well as their joys and celebrations.
A person with this gift is usually:
Caring – Spiritual – Patient – Faith‐filled – Reliable – Sincere – Dedicated – Trustworthy
- Prayer Chain
- Shut-in Visitation Team
- Visitation Team
This gift belongs to the category SUPPORT. You may find useful to get information on other gifts which belong to this same category. These gifts are: Exhortation, Mercy.