Our Hidden Treasure
St. Peter’s has always had dedicated members interested in providing a library for its members. Over the years, the library has grown from a collection of mainly children’s books to the comprehensive collection we have today.
The library is located along the corridor right outside the Family Life Center and is home to thousands of books. Members and friends are encouraged to borrow the books by simply filling out the library card inside the book and place the card in the card file box located on the table inside the door. The books may be kept for one month before we ask that the book be returned. The library is open whenever the church is open.
The St. Peter’s Preschool Reading Program also takes place in our library when the preschool is in session. St. Peter’s volunteers read to the preschoolers and often use the many stuffed animals located in the library to bring animation to the stories.
Library Book Subjects Available
Our books range from children’s books from age 2 through teens and adult books on many different topics. They are arranged on the shelves by topic and then alphabetically by author within each topic.
- Arts & Crafts – Crafts, Painting, Photography
- Bible – Bibles, Books of the Bible, Jesus, Translations
- Bible Reference – Atlases, Commentaries, Concordances, Dictionaries, Encyclopedias
- Christian Living
- Church – Church Administration, Confirmation, Evangelism, Local Church History, Stewardship, Symbols
- Death & Dying – Suffering, Hope
- Education – Adult, Children, Creative Activities, Ecology, Retreats, Science, Teaching Materials, Youth
- Family – Children, Family Problems, Marriage, Parenting
- Fiction – Classics, Current and Past Best-Sellers
- History – American, Ancient, Church, European, Middle East, Other
- Holiday – Christmas, Easter, Other Holidays
- Juvenile – Age 3 & Under, Age 4-6, Grades 1-2, Grades 4-5
- Juvenile Bible – Bibles, Bible Stories, Prayers
- Juvenile Holiday – Stories about Holidays Throughout the Year
- Languages – A small selection of books on other languages
- Large Print – All books with large print, regardless of category
- Little Books – All “little books” (that would be lost on a shelf with other books), regardless of category
- Music – Songbooks, Hymnbooks
- Not-For-Circulation (NFC) – These are special books to be kept and enjoyed in the library.
- Prayer – General Prayer, Devotional
- Religions – Catholic, Islam, Judaism, Lutheran, Protestant, Other
- Self-Help – Diet, Finances, Health, Inspirational, Self-Improvement
- Social Issues – Addictions, Aging, Ethics, Homelessness, Hunger, Racial, Sexuality
- Teens – All books appropriate for teenagers
- Theology – Contemporary, Doctrine, Faith, Theologians
- Travel – Travel books for USA and around the world
- Worship – Church Year, Liturgy, Pastoral, Sacraments, Sermons & Homilies, Spirituality
For questions or more information on the library, please contact Mary Ann Frontz, Pat Ross, or the Church Office.