Hi Folks – here is this week’s Wednesday update on news from St. Peter’s. We have included some procedures you should be aware of as we enter our county’s “green phase of reopening from the COVID-19 pandemic” and begin the process of gradually opening up the church building for church activities.
These guidelines have come from discussions our Risk Management Team has been engaged in the past few weeks.
Safety Protocol for being in the Church Building
- Masks must be worn inside building. Social distancing must be maintained (6 feet if possible). Frequent hand washing or hand sanitizing is encouraged.
- When people enter the building, temperatures will be taken by church staff or designated volunteers. If your temperature is over 100 degrees you will be asked to leave building
- The Office door will remain locked Monday thru Friday. Visitors to the office will be asked to communicate through front office window
- There is a box will be on the table for offering envelopes, etc.
- The Office staff will have visitors and volunteers sign in.
- Until further notice, volunteers or visitors will not be able to enter office unless by appointment
- Doors will be designated for entrance or exit only to control exposure to others.
- We are encouraging only one person in the bathroom at a time to minimize exposure to others in a higher risk environment. Parents may accompany children. You will be asked to wipe down surfaces before exiting.
Safety Protocol for being in the Church Worship Spaces
The Worship Committee will be meeting next week to try and finalize protocols for starting up worship services in our building.
Be aware that safety will be a primary focus, and will include the kinds of procedures that have been identified by our health care leaders as “good practice” like social distancing, “no-contact” practices wherever possible, and face mask usage at all times. We will keep you posted on recommendations following the Worship Committee and Congregation Council meetings.
A Message From Council President Beth Soslow
As your council, we are here, we are working diligently, please reach out with any questions to the rostered leaders, to myself, to any council member.Beth Soslow,